Looking for a quick appetizer that can be whipped together in no time? I got you! This recipe is so so SOOOOO good, I think it’s my fave from this series. I love it so much that this is my 4th batch of pesto. Anytime I need a quick snack I slather this on a piece of bread, top it with some cheese, toast it, and sprinkle chaat masala and VIOLA!! I have even made grilled cheese with this. It is super quick to make and easy to serve. You can make the pesto ahead of time and just put it together right before guests arrive.
This would be good in pasta, my spicy paninis, my eggplant sandwich, eggs, grilled cheese… You name it! It’s such a versatile pesto that’s now a staple in my condiments in the fridge. I’m probably not going to buy store bought pesto anymore.. Okay I think I rambled enough about this pesto lol but seriously y’all need to try this ASAP. I really hope you guys like this as much as we do. Please tag me @zheelicious if you make this and let me know how you liked it 🙂
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 thai chilies or 1 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you want), Roughly chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (use a good quality oil)
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- ½ cup Amul or Mexican blend cheese
- Chaat masala to taste
- In a chopper add garlic, thai chilis, basil, cilantro, and pine nuts and chop until everything is coarse.
Then add salt, pepper, and cheese and blend again. Add olive oil and lemon juice and blend again.
- Spread the pesto onto the crostini, top it with cheese.
Then sprinkle some onions and sliced chilies on top.
- Toast or broil until cheese is melted, sprinkle chaat masala on top.
- You can ask the bakery in your grocery store to cut the bread into crostinis. This will ensure even sized bread.
- I have made this on regular bread and it’s just as good.
- The pesto can be made ahead.
- You can use walnuts instead of pinenuts in this recipe as well. It might just taste nuttier.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
4 thoughts on “Basil Cilantro Pesto Masala Crostini”