Herby Roasted Potatoes are coming in hotttt! If you are tired of the normal mashed potatoes or roasted potasted.. try these Herby Roasted Potatoes!!! Herby roasted potatoes are so bright in flavor, it’s got tons of fresh herbs and lemon juice on top. It’s effortless and comes together in no time, you can even make this a day or two in advance (look at the notes section for info). It would be great to bring to potluck or a holiday party, it transports really well. Herby Potatoes are guaranteed to brighten up your table with its vibrant and fresh flavors.
I love using the little potato company potatoes, i feel like they cook a lot faster and are just creamier potatoes. Also be sure to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil, I like the trader joe’s one. I feel like good quality ingredients makes the dish even tastier and seamless. Please check out the notes section for tips on how to perfect them. I hope this dish makes it to your Holiday table this year!! If it does, don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your creation.
Here are some Holiday fave recipes you may want to try: Basil Cilantro Pesto Masala Crostini,Personal Mexican Pot Pies, Enchilada Casserole, Ras Malai Cupcakes, Tipsy Gulab Jamun, Cranberry Salsa, Lasagna Fritters There are TONS more, be sure to browse through to see what you like.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 45 minutes||Total time: 50 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 1.5 lbs of baby potatoes (I used the little potato company terrific trio pack)
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1-2 scallions, chopped (you can also use chives)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt to taste (you want to season it really well)
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the baby potatoes to a casserole dish, add olive oil, garlic cloves, red crushed pepper, black pepper, salt, dried oregano, and dried Rosemary. Squeeze half the lemon juice on top and mix well!
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes (or until they are fork tender). Take it out half way, poke holes in the potatoes with a fork so the flavors get in. (You can fork the potatoes before baking too). Mix well, put it back in and let it cook through.
- Roast for another 5 minutes uncovered or until they have a nice char on them.
- Add all the fresh herbs, squeeze the other half of the lemon, mix well.
- You can use any baby potatoes you find.
- You can make this 1-2 days in advance, refrigerate it, add the fresh herbs before reheating.
- You can add all dried herbs if you don’t have fresh.
- You can make this stove top if you want as well. I would par boil the potatoes first, poke holes in it with a fork and add everything to it stove top.
- The timing of baking may change depending what kind of potatoes your use and the size of the potatoes. Be sure to check they are fork tender before adding the fresh herbs.
- To ensure the potatoes cook thoroughly you can also par boil them before roasting them.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.