Looking for a easy weeknight dinner/side or lunch?!? Try this lemon butter spaghetti!! its so so simple but packed with TONS of flavor. It comes together in just 15 minutes, one of those meals that actually satisfies. Serve it with Basil Cilantro Pesto Masala Crostini, Mango Jalapeño Goat Cheese Crostini, Chili Cheese Toast. It pairs so well with all of these recipes making it a complete meal.
I Love simple pastas like this lemon butter spaghetti. You can use any herbs you have on hand or even dry herbs work well. Also you can add veggies to it of you like, but to be honest i prefer it like this. Check out some of these simple pastas like Broccoli Garlic Pasta,Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata Pappardelle, End of Summer Pasta, Red Lentil Green Goddess Pasta. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as me, head over to my instagram to check out a step by step video. Don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious if you make this! I can’t wait to see you recreations!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 2 servings|
- 1/2 lbs spaghetti
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7-8 garlic cloves, sliced
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 tbsp of red crushed pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of pasta water
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil the spaghetti al dente according to packaged directions.
- Heat your pan and add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Add the sliced garlic, cook for a minute or two until it’s fragrant. Then add red crushed peppers, lemon zest, all the herbs and black pepper.
- Add your cooked spaghetti, then add the pasta water.Add 1 more tbsp butter and mix well.
(This will help emulsify the sauce with butter)
- Turn off the heat and lemon juice & shredded parmesan cheese.
- Top it with more chopped parsley, basil, and more parm cheese (optional)
- Slurrrrp away!
- You can use dried herbs if you don’t have fresh.
- You can substitute or add any fresh herbs you have on hand!
- Other cheese that will also work is Asiago & pecorino Romano.
- Add more or lemon as per your taste.
- Adjust the spice to your taste.
- Make sure to salt the water heavily before adding the pasta.
- Also be careful of adding salt after as the pasta will be salted & cheese.
- Save the pasta water, add as much or little as you need.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.