Need a fancy & colorful looking app?!!? Try this cranberry salsa! It takes about a few minutes to come together, but is always a HIT!!! It’s tart, sweet, and spicy all in one! It’s so versatile to use as well. I’m listing all the different ways to eat the cranberry salsa. I started making this a couple of years ago, after I had it at one of our friend’s party!! I still remember that night and how I kept going for more even when I wasn’t hungry. This is sooo good, i’m sure everyone will love it.
I’m showing you guys some easy and quick ways to eat this & serve below. I hope you all will enjoy this as much my family and I have been. If you make this don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I can’t wait to see your creations.
Ways to eat Cranberry Salsa:
- Serve on your cheese board
- Make canape (cracker slathered with cheese and topped with cranberry salsa)
- Eat with chips
- Add a bit in your grilled cheese in the middle, trust me on this.
- On a crostini spread a little goat cheese and top it with cranberry salsa
- Instead of cranberry sauce on your turkey you can use this!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 2 minutes||Total time: 7 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 12 oz, cranberry (1 fresh bag)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp agave or honey
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Ritz crackers or cracker of choice
- Goat cheese, ricotta cheese, or cream cheese
- Sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Boil 3 cups of water then add ¼ cup sugar, mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries and cook for about 1 minute. (you will see the cranberries crack.
- Strain the cranberries. In the food processor pulse them a couple of times. (it should still have some texture and should NOT be a puree).
- Take the cranberries out in a bowl, let it cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, jalapeno, cumin powder, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and agave. (you may need more or less of the honey or agave depending on how tart your cranberries are).
- Add chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Canape: spread your choice of cheese on a cracker, top it with the cranberry salsa, and garnish with thinly sliced jalapeno.
- Adjust the honey or agave to the sweetness you prefer.
- If you want to make it spicer use a serrano pepper or thai chili.
- Add a couple drops of lemon or lime juice to bring all the flavors together.
- Make sure you don’t over pulse the cranberries. The cranberries should have a bit of a texture.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.