Junglee Jumbo Sandwich, if you are from edison, Nj or have been to Bombay talk you have probably had this! It’s a HUGE sandwich and you may look a little junglee while eating it, hence the name ;). The junglee jumbo sandwich is packed with veggies and SO much flavor, it’s truly unbelievable. This with my Tomato & Beet Soup , heaven!! The whole family loves this meal so much, one of these baby’s feeds the whole family, which is the best part. Also here is the Spicy Cilantro Green Chutney recipe I use!
I hope you give this one a try and let me know what ya think. Don’t forget to tag me on IG @Zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 loaf of round Italian bread, I bought this from the bakery section of ShopRite
- 1 cup of green chutney
- ½ cup amul butter, room temp
- 5-6 american cheese slices (also got from the deli section at ShopRite, I get it thinly sliced)
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chaat masala (more if needed)
Time needed: 25 minutes
Junglee Jumbo Sandwich
- In a bowl mix together, red cabbage, carrots, lettuce, and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper and a little bit of chaat masala.
Set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the loaf in half, take out some of the break so the veggies have room.
(you can save the bread to make breadcrumbs or croutons).
- Spread the butter on both sides, top it with the chutney, sprinkle with some chaat masala.
- On the bottom piece of the bread put cheese slices. Top with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, more chaat masala, then top it with the shredded veggies.
- Close the bread. Heat a pan and add some butter to it. Then the sandwich, I like to use a cast iron pan on top of the sandwich to press it down (this is totally optional).
You can use any heavy pan if you wish. Or a panini press works as well.
- Cook on one side until it’s nice and golden brown then flip to the other side. Cook until its golden brown on that side.
- Top with more chaat masala, cut and enjoy!!
- You can look at the bakery section of your grocery store for the bread.
- If you can’t find the Italian loaf at your grocery store you can use any other bread that’s available to you.
- You can use a bag of pre shredded cabbage, lettuce, carrots to make things easier.
- If you can’t find amul butter, use kerry gold irish butter. It’s very similar in taste.
- Make sure to season your veggies really well with chaat masala, and even the top of the sandwich.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.