I have been trying to eat healthier and be a good human, but let’s be honest no one likes boring bland food. So this black pepper tofu curry is perfect, it’s filled with veggies and protein without compromising the flavor. You can make this ahead of time and use it as meal prep. What I find easiest is to precut all the veggies, makes the process of making it even easier. It comes together in under 20 minutes. Serve it with white or brown rice, you can even serve it with quinoa. You can add any veggies you like to this. Hope you like this, tag me when you make its @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 14oz. Tofu pack, extra firm cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ red pepper, cubed
- ½ orange pepper, cubed
- ½ yellow pepper cubed
- ½ cup of broccoli florets
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water (cornstarch slurry)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp chili vinegar
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Green onions, chopped to top (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Rice to serve with (optional)
- In a bowl add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper, sriracha, and chili vinegar. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a wok heat some oil, add the cubed tofu, salt and pepper. Let the tofu brown and get crispy a bit. Then take out the tofu and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat oil in the wok,red dried chillies, add onions, garlic, all the peppers, and broccoli and cook it for about two minutes.
- Add tofu and the mixture of sauce. Then add water to it, and the cornstarch slurry to make it thicker. Add more water if it is too thick.
- Bring to a boil, turn off the stove. Top it with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve hot with rice.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.