Red Thai Curry, is a one pot wonder that comes together in just 15 minutes. It would be a perfect weeknight meal when you don’t have a lot of time but still want to make dinner. Red thai curry is filled with veggies & protein (tofu), makes for a nutrient dish. I serve with white or brown rice to make red curry a complete meal! It’s so flavorful, even my 3 year old loves it!!
As a busy mom of two toddlers, I use all the shortcuts I can. I buy frozen stir fry vegetable bags from Trader Joe’s. It makes my life so much easier. I sometimes even but the frozen pre cut peppers, there ain’t no shame in my game! Anything to make life a bit easier. IF you have any leftovers I like to turn the red curry into soup and add a bunch of toppings on top. I thin it out with some broth, add extra sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, and top it with sliced jalapeno, chili onion crunch, lots of cilantro, sometimes I even add cooked brown rice noodles to it. It’s so delicious!!
Here is some recipes that are great week & quick weeknight meals: Instant Pot Taco Soup, Four Bean Chipotle Chili, Chili Paneer, Schezwan Vegetable Frankie. If you try this recipe don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I would love to see your wonderful creations.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 inch ginger, shredded
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- Half bag of frozen asian stir fry vegetables, defrosted. (I buy mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cups super firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp red curry paste ( I buy this one)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp jaggery or brown sugar
- Green onion, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
Time needed: 15 minutes
- Heat your wok, 2 tsp of coconut oil. Once hot add in the red curry paste, then add onions, garlic, and ginger.
Cook for about a minute, only until everything is fragrant.
- Add bell peppers, frozen veggies, and tofu. Saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, coconut water, coconut aminos, red chili powder, and jaggery.
Mix everything well.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the stove, add green onion, and cilantro.
- Enjoy with some rice!
- I used full fat coconut milk, Chakoh is my favorite brand to use.
- I used vita coco coconut water.
- I used Trader Joe’s Coconut oil.
- I buy a big tub of Maseri Red curry Paste, and keep it in the fridge.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.