We are approaching spring but it’s still cold AF in New Jersey, so it’s still soup season. Although it’s soup season year around for me.. Because well why not! This soup reminds me of winters in India and drink it straight from the Chinese food stall. My mom has been making this soup at home for years, as soon as we get sick we get this soup. It loaded with ginger and garlic. It opens the sinuses right up!! so if you ever feel under the weather drink this soup, I promise it will make you feel better.
I chopped all the veggies in a chopped, much easier and faster way. You can also buy coleslaw bags and use that in here.
Hope this soup makes your bellies warm and heart happy! Tag me if you make this @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 1 small cabbage, chopped thinly or shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ orange pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 4 thai chilies, crushed
- 2 inches ginger, shredded
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water – cornstarch slurry
- 3 tbsp soy sauce + more to taste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp chili vinegar
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Scallions, chopped (optional)
- In a saucepan heat a tsp of oil, then add onions, garlic, chilies, and ginger. Saute until it softens a little. Then add all the pepper, cabbage, and carrots. Cook the mixture for an additional few minutes until all the vegetables are a little soft.
- Add water, soy sauce, sriracha, chili vinegar, and salt if needed.
- Add the cornstarch slurry, make sure to keep mixing while adding this so there are no clumps.
- Let this cook for until it comes to a low boil. If it is too thin you can add more cornstarch slurry.
- Turn off the heat.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.