Have you all had the autumn soup at Panera? It’s my fave!! I try to have it as much as I can before it goes out of season. If you haven’t had it you are in for a treat. I decided it was time to try my hand at making a copycat version of that soup. I think I got PRETTY close!! I of course added my own ingredients and twists, but it turned out delicious and creamy. It is perfect to make for thanksgiving app, easy to serve since its made in the IP. You literally just throw everything in the IP and let it do it’s thang. You can use the “keep warm” setting to serve it hot when guests or family arrive. This soup feels like fall in a bowl, all the spices work so well with each other. And it is SOO creamy without adding any cream to it. I don’t know about you but that’s a win in my books!🙌🏽
To minimize the work buy precut butternut squash, also because I can’t cut butternut squash for the life of me. So if you are like me and afraid to cut the squash Trader Joe’s has pre cut squash at a good price!
Hope this soup keeps your bellies warm this winter. If you make this let me know what you think and tag me @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin purèe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock/ broth
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish, optional
- Set your instant pot to sautè mode for 10 minutes. Once it is hot add the onion and carrots and saute until they are softened. Add the butternut squash and apples.
- Add all the spices to the pot and cook for a minute or until they are fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and broth and mix well.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Then with an emerging blender, blend everything together until the soup is creamy.
- Close the lid and cook on soup setting. Make sure to close the valve to seal.
- Natural release or quick release if you are in a rush.
- Serve hot!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.