Today is Earth day what better way to celebrate than with a Spring Minestrone soup! It’s Filled with TONS of green I know it’s not really soup season, but I LOVE soup all year long. If you know me or have been following me for a while you know how obsessed I am with tacos and Mexican food. This is just such a easy and fun dinner and it is so hearty. You legit throw everything in a pot and forget about it, You will have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish, can’t beat that. Also it is VERY pantry friendly. You can use any topping you like on it and make it your own. Add vegetables to it if you like as well. I didn’t have many veggies on hand, but if I did I would’ve added zucchini in it. I hope you guys enjoy this!
Stay happy, stay hungry, Stay safe!
- You can sub bullion cubes or better than bouillon paste for veg. Broth.
- For stovetop: follow all the same steps then let it boil for 10-15 minutes after adding the broth. Stirring occasionally.
- Use Mexican blend or cheddar cheese instead of cotija
- You can also add tortilla chips or strips as a crunchy topping
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes or 1 cup salsa
- 5 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin coriander powder
- Salt taste
- 2-3 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Avocados, cubed
- 2-3 Radish, sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- Sour cream
- Cotija cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Lemon or lime wedge
- Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode for 10 minutes. Add oil, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic cloves, and jalapenos. Cook until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Then add red chilli powder, taco seasoning, cumin coriander powder, and salt.
- Add black beans, red kidney beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes or salsa. Saute until everything is mixed.
- Add the vegetable broth or stock. Close the instant pot lid, pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Natural or quick release.
- Top it with your favorite toppings and serve hot!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
4 thoughts on “Instant Pot Taco Soup”