We are having a snowstorm in New Jersey, so you know what that calls for.. Some SOUP!! Here is my Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup. This one pot meal came together in just under 30 minutes. It is perfect for a cold snowy day like today, you will probably have everything in your pantry/ freezer for this!
The creamy tortellini soup is so warm and cozy. It’s a big warm hug in a bowl. Imagine having this sitting by a fireplace while watching the snowfall, perfect right?! so get in your kitchen and make it happen!! You can use frozen, fresh, or dried tortellini in this. You can sub kale for spinach. Check out the notes section for alternates and substitutes. I hope you all stay warm on this snow day!! If you make this, don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2-3 cups frozen or fresh Tortellini of choice
- 2 1/2 cups Canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Half n half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped (½ tsp if using dried)
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped (1 tsp if used dried)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of sun dried tomato pesto or regular pesto (optional)
- Parm cheese (optional)
- Teared basil (optional)
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Set your instant pot on sautee mode for 20 minutes.
- Add olive oil to the hot instant pot, add onions. Cook the onions for a couple of minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add rosemary, basil and oregano, then add the crushed tomatoes. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Add vegetable broth, red chili powder, red crushed pepper, roasted red pepper, sugar, then add milk, half & half, and tortellini.
- Close the instant pot and cook on soup setting for 10 minutes. Instant release it.
- Open the Instant pot, add pesto if using, and spinach. Mix really well, the spinach will wilt from the heat of the soup.
- Top it with fresh parm cheese and teared basil & serve hot!!!
- You can do this on a stove top. Cook everything first then lastly add tortellini and cook until it floats to the top. Then Add spinach and mix.
- Try to use san marzano canned tomatoes (Cento Brand), I used whole tomatoes and crushed them by hand. It gives it that rustic taste.
- Use any store bought pesto at the end, it will give the soup some depth.
- You can make it vegan by adding almond or coconut milk. (you may get the coconut flavor though).
- Instead of half and half you can use heavy cream or whole milk.
- I used frozen cheese tortellini, you can use anything you have on hand. Frozen, fresh, or dried.
- You can use ravioli as well if you don’t have tortellini.
- I used frozen cheese tortellini, I got from Costco.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.