Hot Italian Veggie Sub, it is probably the messiest sandwich you will ever eat. BUT each bite will leave you wanting more! It’s hot, filled with veggies, has that tang from the hot giardiniera, cheesy, saucy.. My mouth is watering as I type. I know you guys will absolutely love this hot Italian veggie sub. It’s a wholesome meal, super filling, and flavorful. It would be a great weeknight meal when you want something hearty. Busy weeknights always call for dinner under 30 minutes, and the Hot Italian Veggie Sub fits the bill.Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your feedback.
You can pair this sandwich with Sheet Pan Tomato Soup, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Beet & Goat Cheese Salad. I usually don’t need anything else with this as it is filling but these would be some great options.
I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes||Makes: 4 Sandwiches|
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp lasanyu marchu
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8-10 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup of marinara sauce of choice, I use Arrabiata.
- Hot Giardiniera ( HIGLY recommend)
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced jalapeños
- In a bowl mix mayo & lasanyu marchu, set it aside until ready to use.
- To a heated pan add sliced onions, salt and pepper. Let the onions soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced bell peppers & jalapenos, season with salt and pepper. Mix well, then let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook until its fragrant. Then add your broccoli and zucchini. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the seasonings (garlic powder, red crushed pepper, and oregano. Let this mixture cook for another 2 minutes or until the veggies are nice and soft.
- Add marinara sauce on top once heated through, add provolone cheese slices. cover your pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the hoagie in half (I like to take out bits off the hoagie out so the filling has more space.) Toast the hoagie roll. Spread it with the mayo mixture.
- Add the hot veggies & cheese mixture. Then top it with hot giardiniera, jalapenos, and cilantro!
- You can make the veggie mixture ahead of time, right before serving heat it in a pan and add marinara and cheese.
- add as many veggies as you like in this!
- If you can find provolone cheese you can use america or pepper jack.
- I use Chicago style hot giardiniera on this, you can find it on amazon, world market, sometimes even your supermarket.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.