Glazed Donut Egg & Cheese, I know what you are probably thinking but hear me out and trust me on this. It’s sweet, salty, and spicy all at once, a literal burst of flavors in your mouth. We went to Long Branch beach last summer and had brunch at this restaurant that had these donut sandwiches. My husband got it, but he was really skeptical (probably like how you guys are). He took his first bite and his face lit up with joy, he looked at me and said “you need to recreate this and post it. He is extremely critical of food, so when he said that I knew I had to make it.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
I wanted to make this in the fall with pumpkin spice donuts but I never got around to doing it. Well, quarantine happened and my brother-in-law has been baking A LOT. He made fresh glazed donuts at home and I knew exactly what to do with leftover donuts! I’m linking the donut recipe he used in case you are feeling extra ambitious. The fresh donuts were really out of this world good, so I highly recommend it.
Hope you like this, if you make it, please tag me @zheelicious and let me know your thoughts.
Stay happy, stay hungry.
|Prep time: 2 minutes||Cook time: 5 minutes||Total time: 7 minutes||Makes: 2 servings|
- 2 glazed donuts (store bought or homemade)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (fresh or pickled)
- 4 slices of cheese of you choice
- Hot sauce of choice to serve
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, ½ tsp turmeric powder, salt, pepper. Whisk it vigorously until it is all incorporated.
- Heat a pan and add a little bit of butter. Add half of the egg batter, once the egg liquid sets flip it around. Cook until the egg is nice and fluffy, add 2 slices of cheese. Fold it in half. Cut the glazed donut in half and place the egg and cheese on the bottom part, add jalapeños evenly. Top with the other half of the donut.
- Repeat step 2 and make the second sandwich.
- Cut in half and enjoy with your favorite hot sauce.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.