Weather you are hosting a brunch or making a regular breakfast for the family, these mexican hashbrown are a total hit. Mexican Hash brown is packed with lots of flavor and comes together in no time. Mexican hash brown is made from shredded potatoes, salsa, black beans, cheese, and then topped with fried egg, scallions, cilantro, and cotija cheese. It is an absolute delight to wake up to! TRUST ME.
I take a shortcut and buy frozen hash brown from trader joe’s. It made the process faster, and I feel it gets the potatoes crispier than the homemade ones. If you want to shred potatoes and make it at home that’s completely fine as well. Mexican Hash brown is perfect to make for a large crowd, or even for yourself! I hope you guys make it soon and enjoy it as much as we do. Don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I would love to see your creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time:15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4-5 servings|
- 1 bag of frozen shredded hash browns (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Eggs (optional)
- 2-3 Scallions, chopped
- Cotija cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- hot sauce
- Add oil to your pan, once hot add cumin seeds. Once they start to sputter add onions, peppers, and jalapeno.
cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the frozen hash brown and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
turn it around once its crisped up.
- Once the hash brown have crisped up add your seasoning, mix well and let it crisp up again. Then add black beans.
Let this crisp up again for about 2 minutes.
- Add your salsa, mix well. Then add your cheese, let the cheese melt and hash brown get brown again.
- Fry your egg according to your liking (optional)
- Serve your hashbrown, top it will scallions, cilantro, cotija cheese, and fried egg if using.
- I found my frozen hash brown at trader joes, you can find it at any grocery store in the freezer section.
- You can use any salsa you have on hand.
- I used mexican blend cheese.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.