COMING IN HOTTTTTT! Are you going to celebrate the weekend with some Hot Bean Dip?!? I know I am!!! super easy recipe that will leave licking your fingers (quite literally lol). I love that it’s warm and its got all the elements of a 7 layer dip but all the ooey-gooeyness to it. The hot bean dip is cheesy, warm, spicy, and just the kinda app I want.
If you are hosting I’m sure this will be a hit!! You can make it a day in advance and bake it right before serving. Add any toppings you like to it, here are some of my suggestions: black olives, fresh jalapenos, drizzle of my creamy jalapeno sauce, sour cream, even some crisp iceberg lettuce, anything you want!! Serve this as an app to Enchilada Casserole, Creamy Enchilada Pasta, Boom Boom Enchiladas. Head over to my instagram for a visual of how easy the hot bean dip comes together.
If you make it don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious. I would love to see your creation & feedback.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, chopped
- 3 tbsp jarred jalapeño, chopped + whole for topping
- 1 cup cheese + more for topping
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 spring onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- Hot sauce of you choice (optional)
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In bowl add refried beans, taco seasoning, garlic powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt, salsa, 1/2 chopped onion, jalapeños, cilantro and cheese.
Mix everything really well until it’s all incorporated.
- Transfer the bean mixture into a oven safe pan.
- Top the dip with more cheese, remaining chopped onions, jalapeños, and tomatoes.
Cover it with foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Top it with more cilantro & scallions.
- Drizzle some hot sauce and enjoy with chips!!!!!
- You can add any toppings you like! olives would work really well in this.
- Use only fresh jalapeños-vice versa.
- use serrano peppers to make it spicer.
- You can even make it into tacos/ burritos, enchiladas…the options are endless.
- I used Old el paso brand refried beans; if you are vegetarian make sure to get vegetarian or fat free.
- I used trader joe’s taco seasoning; my other fave taco seasonings are old el paso & McCormicks.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.