Wow it has been a minute since I posted a sweet recipe! These blueberry muffins scream summer to me, it is perfect for breakfast and or even a snack. This pregnancy has made be crave all things sweets, so weird because with Ahaan I wanted nothing to do with sweets. These muffins turned out really good y’all. Everyone including my FIL and MIL approved them 🙌🏽, thats the real approval stamp. They aren’t too sweet, if you want it to be sweeter you can add more sugar. I hate overly sweet desserts so this works perfectly for me. The gorgeous lemon glaze really brings this together. I may or may not be salivating as I’m typing this 😳. No wonder the muffins were gone in 2 days lol
Also I’m not a big baker so don’t get afraid to try this, because if I can do it you can too!! I’m sure you all will enjoy these! Please tag and share when you and if you do make them.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes||Makes: 12-16servings|
- 2 cups all purpose flour, leveled off
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp orange extract (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners, set-aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl swift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar for about 2 mixtures.
Add the eggs one at a time, and then add all the extracts. Mix on low until everything is incorporated. (The batter may be a bit grainy, don’t be alarmed)
- Add in flour and milk slowly, on a low speed until it’s combined.
The batter should be thick, turn off the mixer and fold in blueberries gently.
- Scoop the batter into the lined pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until they are lightly golden brown.
Let the pan cool for at least 10 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a rack and cool.
- For the lemon Glaze:
In a bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, cardamom, lemon juice, zest, and milk mix well. Then stir in the melted butter and salt.
- Drizzle the muffins with the lemon glaze and enjoy!
- To make it eggless, you can use egg replacer. OR 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp of water. (that will make 2 eggs).
- You can add lemon extract instead of orange as well.
- These muffins freeze well, so you can freeze your left overs (if there are any)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.