Fusion dishes are my fave recipes to create, I love ingredients from two different places marry so well with each other. Sometimes its a hit or miss though, in this case it was a total hit!! wow your valentine with this dish for valentines day, it’s approved by my husband (If you know him, you know how much of a critic he is with food).
Campanella is such a fun shaped pasta, but if you can’t find this shape you can definitely make it with whatever you have on hand. I got mine from Trader Joe’s, its called gigli there. Hope you all enjoy this. Don’t forget to tag me if you make this @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- Shan ginger garlic paste can be found at any Indian grocery store.
- Add milk when reheating the pasta the next day if you have leftovers, so it is not dry.
- You can use cilantro to garnish instead of chive.
- Squeeze half a lime or lemon on top instead of chaat masala.
- Serve hot!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 2 cups Campanelle pasta or a pasta of your choice, cooked according to packaged directions
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 thai chili, chopped
- 2 tsp Shan ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 ½ cup whole milk, warm
- ½ cup pasta water (the water your pasta was cooking in)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chives or Cilantro (optional as a garnish)
- Sprinkle of chaat masala
- Heat oil in a pan, once heated add the cumin seeds.
- Then add onions, red pepper, yellow pepper, thai chilies, and ginger garlic paste. Let it saute for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Add all the spices, and cook for a minute until everything is fragrant.
- Add milk whisk until a little thick, then add cooked pasta, along with pasta water.
- Mix everything really well. Top it with chives if using and sprinkle chaat masala on top.
- Serve hot!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.