Are you guys a fan of methi malai mutter sabzi?? Then methi malai mutter linguine is for you! Even if you are not a fan I promise this won’t disappoint. It’s a really good blend of flavors, it’s spicy, creamy, and you get sweetness from the peas. Methi malai mutter is creamy and a dish that kids & adults both enjoy, so this linguine is basically a fusion version of that. It’s like ribbons of hapPEAness, haha get it! 🤪
The methi malai mutter linguine is quick and easy to make, a perfect weeknight dinner. It comes together in just under 30 minutes. It’s kid friendly as well, just make sure of the spice level. You can use diced paneer or tofu in this for added protein. Add more milk when reheating so it’s not dry. Want to make it vegan? use coconut milk instead. Also can add other veggies like mushroom, zucchini, peppers in this.
I almost always have Rasoi magic masala packets at home for easy punjabi sabzi cooking. The blends of masalas are so great you don’t need to add any additional masalas to the dish. It makes cooking a lot easier and faster. You also get the restaurant quality taste. I highly recommend getting your hands on this if you don’t have them already. If you be sure to tag me @zheelicious so I can see your beautiful creation!
If you like this recipe you might also like Pav Bhaji Stuffed Shells, Creamy Enchilada Pasta, Cheesy, Arrabbiata Spaghetti, Campanella Masala Pasta, Basil Cilantro Pesto Masala Crostin. Damn I realize I eat a lot of pasta 😳, carbs are life thooooo.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 10 oz. Linguine
- 2 cups pea, thawed if frozen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups milk + more if needed
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pack of rasoi magic methi malai masala packet
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- half lemon juice
- Chives or Cilantro, chopped (optional)
Time needed: 25 minutes
- Cook the linguine according to packaged directions
I like to leave it al dente and let it finish cooking in the sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds & onions. Cook the onions until they are translucent.
This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chili ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
Add milk to the pan mix well, then the rasoi magic methi malai masala pack, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add peas mix and add the cooked linguine.
Mix until the linguine is well coated with the sauce. Add more milk if the sauce seems to dry.
- Turn off the stove, squeeze lemon juice and chopped chives or cilantro.
- You can add paneer or tofu for added protein.
- If you don’t have rasoi magic packet add 1 tsp garam masala & kasoori methi.
- Add red crushed pepper to make it spicier.
- I used thai chilies in my chili ginger garlic paste.
- You can use any shape of pasta you have on hand.
- Add cream cheese instead of ricotta if you don’t have ricotta on hand.
- You can find Rasoi magic packets at Patel Brothers.
- Make it vegan by using coconut milk & vegan ricotta cheese.
- you can use fresh or frozen methi in this.
- Use fresh or frozen peas in this.
- Add other veggies like mushroom, peppers, zucchini.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.