Palak paneer doesn’t need any introduction! If you have lots of spinach to use up or have frozen spinach you can make this. My cousin has shown me the EASIEST way to make Punjabi food and I’m loving it. It’s to pressure cook the gravy ingredients and it will make it really creamy and royal. I love this way so much because you can almost make all your gravies this way. Also my mom has been using Tasoi Magic masalas for YEARS and it’s absolutely delicious. I know this recipe is not very traditional but I promise you it is just as yummy! The bullet naan is spicyyyy, garlicky, and oh sooo good. You can also serve this with jeera rice. If you make this be sure to tag me @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4-6 servings|
- 1 onion, quartered
- ½ green pepper, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tomato, quartered
- ¼ cup cashew
- 9 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp rasoi magic masala + ¼ cup milk (mix both in a bowl set aside)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 cup paneer, cubed
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup half & half (optional)
- Ready made naan
- 4 tbsp cup ghee
- 2 Thai chili, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Grill the paneer on a hot pan on both sides until they are golden brown , set aside until ready to use.
- In a pressure cooker mix together the onion, tomatoes, garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 1 tomato, green pepper, ¼ cup cashew, salt, and ½ cup of water. Cook for 2-3 whistles.( You can do this step in the instant pot- pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- In a large pan add all the spinach and close the lid until the spinach is all wilted, mix occasionally. This should take about 3-4 minutes. In a bowl mix the Rasoi Magic masala + ¼ cup milk, set aside until ready to use.
- Add all the ingredients that you pressure cooked, Thai chilies, wilted spinach, cilantro, and turmeric powder. Blend until it’s a smooth puree.
- Heat a pan and add ghee, once the ghee is hot add cumin seeds, add the spinach puree, red chili powder, paneer, Rasoi Magic + milk mixture, and salt. Let this cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the stove and add the half & half if using.
- Mix all the ingredients for the bullet naan in a bowl. Set aside until ready to use. Put your naan in the over for a few minutes or toast in a toasted. Slather it with ghee mixture.
- Enjoy with Palak Paneer!
- If you don’t have Rasoi Magic masala, you can substitute it with 1 tsp of garam masala.
- I used Swad brand paneer.
- Adding the turmeric while blending the veggies will help preserve the color.
- You can add another raw green bell pepper to make it ever greener.
- I bought plain knots naan, but use whatever you get your hands on or whatever is in your fridge.
- Leftover naan makes great pizza.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
2 thoughts on “Palak Paneer”
Hey, I read your article and your information are such great and amazing it is so much helpful for me. Thank you so much:)