This recipe is so close to my heart because it is my Nani’s fave. My nani, mom, and her siblings have never tasted chai in their life, they grew up drinking this coffee. My nani’s has been unwell for a while now, she is in a long term care facility. Any time anyone visits they alway bring her his coffee. This recipe is an ode to her! They aren’t allowing visitors in anymore, because of what’s going on, and it really breaks my heart for. I’m hoping this all passes soon.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 1 minutes||Cook time: 4 minutes||Total time: 5 minutes||Makes: 2 servings|
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick ( ½ tsp cinnamon powder also works)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tbsp instant coffee (I used Nescafe)
- Milk of choice
- 1 cup of water
- Sugar to taste
- In a pan boil water with ginger, cinnamon stick, and cardamom powder.
- Once the water comes to a boil add coffee and sugar if using. Let this simmer for about 2 minutes, longer if you want your latte stronger. Strain the coffee mixture.
- Add coffee mixture into two cups.
- In a frother, froth the milk. Add the milk on top of the coffee.
- Sprinkle powdered cinnamon (optional), and Enjoy!!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.