I’m not gonna lie, I miss Starbucks sooo much, but I don’t miss spending my left kidney for a drink. Iced Chai lattes have been my go to drink for A LONG LONG time. I’m not really a coffee drinker so this has always been perfect for me. It is such a perfect afternoon to pick me up! I’ll just take this and walk around my house and pretend I’m walking around Target browsing every aisle with one of these in hand. OH the good old days! Anyways… I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy pick me up.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 1 minute||Cook time: 5 minutes||Total time: 6 minutes||Makes: 2 servings|
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp chai masala
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp tea leaves(chai)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- sugar/ agave nectar to taste
- Milk of choice
- In a pot boil 1 cup of water then add chai masala, cardamom powder and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Add the tea leaves and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove strain and cool this mixture for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool add in the vanilla extract and sugar or agave nectar.
- In a cup add ice and top it with milk of choice (you can froth this if you have a cold frost option).
- Pour the chai mixture, mix well.
- I have a Keurig with a frother attached to it that gives me an option to froth my cold beverages. If you don’t have this option just pour milk in directly it will still taste the same.
- I love using agave nectar in mine as a sweetener.
- I use 2 % milk in this, but almond, soy, oat will work just fine.
- You can make this mixture and store in your fridge for up to a week.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.