t’s no secret that I love me some pumpkin chai from starbucks! I had to make this Pumpkin chai bread because it’s fall and you must be a little basic right?!?! The pumpkin chai bread makes your entire house smell like its fall and just how magical this time of the year is. It’s something about the crisp air and the smell in the air that makes everything so magical. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and if it were to be a dish, for me it would be this pumpkin chai bread!!! It’s warm, cozy, and gives me that magical fall vibes.
This would be the perfect item to have in the afternoon for thanksgiving as a snack or add to your brunch list for the weekend. I promise it will make your house smell DIVINE, and make your bellies feel warm and cozy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! If you make it don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your creations!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 1 hour minutes||Total time: 1 hour & 10 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chai liquid
- Pecans, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- ½ tsp chai masala
- 1 ½ tsp chai/ tea leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chai liquids: In a saucepan heat water, then add ginger, and chai masala, let this mixture come to a boil. Then add chai leaves and boil for another 2 minutes until or until it has a deep color. Strain and cool the water. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl sift together your dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set it aside.
- In your stand mixer whip the eggs and pumpkin puree, avocado oil, then slowly add the cooled chai liquid. Once it has incorporated add your dry ingredients that you sifted slowly.
- Mix until everything is incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Grease your bread pan with butter or cooking spray. Pour in the bread batter, top it with pecans if using.
- Bake for 55- 1 hour at 350 degrees. Do the toothpick test (when you stick a toothpick in the bread and it comes out clean, it’s done). You may need to cook for 5 minutes more or less depending on your oven and the pan you use.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting into it.
- Cut yourself a slice and enjoy with some hot coffee or latte!!
- I bought my pumpkin pie spice mix from trader joe’s. It should be easily available at any supermarket/ grocery store.
- You can add chocolate chips in there and pecans/ walnuts if you wish.
- Here is my chai masala recipe.
- You can buy pumpkin puree at your local grocery store, I got mine from Trader Joe’s
- Make sure that you let the chai liquid cool completely before adding.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.