With Lasanyu Marchu Grilled Cheese
Lasanyu Marchu Grilled Cheese!
Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese is the ULTIMATE comfort food. This Sheet pan tomato soup is so effortless to put together and the results are DIVINE. The sheet pan tomato soup is exactly like the name, you throw all the ingredients onto a sheet pan, put it in the oven, blend, and VIOLA!!! It is my favorite way of making soup, it involves minimum dishes & minimum effort with maximum flavor.
As we know, we can’t have tomato soup without grilled cheese… So here is my lasanyu marchu grilled cheese! This grilled cheese is so nostalgic to me, I have literally grown up eating this. It is incredibly easy to make and packed with so much flavor. I sometimes saute onion & jalapeno depending on how ambitious or lazy I’m feeling LOL. You see, cooking for me is a mood! But jokes apart either way you do it, it’s delicious. I have listed where and what ingredients I have used, alterations, and substitutes in the notes section, so be sure to check that out.
Sheet pan tomato soup & lasanyu marchu grilled cheese is such an easy & comforting weeknight dinner or perfect for lazy sundays. I hope you will enjoy every dunk and bite of this recipe as much as my family & I do! I can’t wait to see your creations, tag me @zheelicious so I can see.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly cubed
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots, roughly cubed
- 2 tablespoons red crushed pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup of good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Handful of basil
Lasanyu Marchu Grilled Cheese
- Four slices of bread (any bread you have on hand)
- Sliced cheese ( I used a mix of pepper jack & amul cheese)
- ½ cup of mayonnaise + 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp lasanyu Marchu or Tetcha chutney
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- On a sheet pan add tomatoes, garlic, shallots, red crushed pepper, oregano, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Mix everything well.
- Put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes, mixing it occasionally.
- Add all of the sheet pan ingredients to a blender. Add sugar, red chili powder, and fresh basil.
Blend until it’s a thick puree like consistency.
- You can add vegetable broth or water to thin the soup out, I prefer it to be this thick. You can also simmer the soup for 5 minutes on the stove.
This step is totally optional.****
- For the grilled cheese:
Mix ½ cup of mayo & lasaniya marchu together until it’s smooth.
- Spread the lasanyu mayo on both slices of bread, top with sliced cheese on each bread. On one side add onions & jalapeño.
(you can saute the veggies or leave them raw). Close the sandwich.
- Slather plain mayo on top of the bread (TRUST ME). On a hot pan put the mayo side down, slather mayo in the top side.
Flip the grilled cheese when it is nicely browned. Cook the other side until golden brown & the cheese has melted.
- Serve the soup and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and freshly cracked pepper.
Dunk your grilled cheese in the soup and ENJOYYYYYY!!!!
- I used homemade lasaniya marchu. You can use tetcha chutney or buy a readymade one from Patel Brothers.
- I used sourdough bread for the grilled cheese, you can use whatever you have on hand.
- By adding mayo on top of the bread it makes the grilled cheese taste like diner grilled cheese.
- If mayo isn’t your thing use butter.
- You can use vegetable broth to thin out your soup.
- You can use dried basil instead of fresh as well.
- I used a vitamix to blend everything. The vitamix also heats the soup so I didn’t need to heat it further, but you certainly can.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.