Creamy Harissa Pasta, a simple one pot wonder that’s packed with flavor for a busy weeknight or weekend comfort food. The harissa pasta is creamy, spicy, and comforting. Creamy Harissa Pasta comes together in just under 20 minutes, so its perfect for those busy nights when you don’t know what to make for dinner. This is one of those recipes that kind of just happened by accident because I needed to use up some ingredients so it wouldn’t go bad. I’m pleased to say that I’m so glad it happened because its become a family favorite!
I love harissa paste and one a staples that I always have on hand. It’s made with harissa chilies and has a nice kick to it but not overwhelming and has a bit of a tang to it as well. You can throw it in shakshuka, lasagna, shells, soups etc.. to elevate the flavors a bit! I buy my Harissa paste from Trader Joe’s Or Mina brand, which is readily available at any supermarket. I hope you all love this quick pasta dish as much as we do! If you try it don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I would love to see your creations.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- Half box of pasta of choice (I’m using rigatoni)
- 1 tbsp olive oil1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2-3 Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3-4 tbsp harissa paste (I love the brand Mina or From Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese or pecorino (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to packaged directions.
I like to cook mine al dente, or under cook it by 1-2 minutes it has a chance to finish cooking in the sauce
- Heat up your pan and add olive oil to it. Then add onions, let it sauté for2-3 minutes or until the onions have slightly softened.
- Add garlic, thai chilies, cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add bell peppers and cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the harissa paste, and then slowly start pouring in your milk and heavy cream. Mix everything really well.
- Add red crushed pepper, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well and let the sauce cook for 3-4 minutes or until it’s slightly thicker.
- Add in the cooked pasta, mix to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Top it off with cheese and fresh parsley. ENJOY!!
- You can find harissa paste in any supermarket; I buy the brand Mina Or Trader joe’s from Trader joe’s.
- You can use coconut milk to make this dish vegan.
- If you don’t want to use heavy cream just use the same amount of milk.
- Add any other veggies you like in this dish.
- Linking the always pan I used to make this dish in here. My code is Zheel10 to get $10 off.
- Add pasta water or more milk if you want it more saucy.
- Adjust to spicy according to your spice tolerance.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.