Athela harda marcha! Taking it back to basics. I have grown up eating this simple athanu that’s so good for you and tastes good. There are endless studies on all the benefits of turmeric. Growing up mom gave us turmeric milk if we were under the weather, instead of medicine. So the fresh turmeric is so good for you! You can also add carrot & ginger slices to this, but I prefer it just like this. You can eat it with roti, debra, puri, bread.. Anything your heart desires. It’s such a simple and easy recipe but guaranteed to bring you back to your childhood. Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag me if you make this @zheelicious. 🙂
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- 4 pieces of white turmeric, Sliced
- 3 pieces of orange turmeric, sliced
- 4 medium green chilies, sliced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp hing (1 pinch)
- ½ tbsp split mustard seeds
- ½ tsp ground mustard seeds
- Salt to taste ( I used ½ tbsp)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil on medium flame until its lukewarm, let it cool and set aside.
- In a large plate add the cooled oil, mustard seeds, salt, lemon juice, and turmeric powder. With your hand massage it until a little foamy.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge, let it set for a day or two. Best if consumed within 2 week.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.