It is the first day of Shravan (maas) month and I got request for fasting food for shravan maas, so here is my sabudana khichdi! My family is a big Bolenath beliver, Ahaan was born on the first Monday of Shravan month. We consider that very lucky!
I’m not a big fan of fasting food but sabudana khichdi is my fave, I can and do eat this without fasting. It’s simple to make but so good, I eat it with plain yogurt. Some people eat turmeric while fasting and some don’t. I added it because my mom always put it in hers and I love the taste and color of it. With or without it tastes just as good! If you are fasting this month, good luck!! Also don’t forget to try my sabudana vada recipe. Don’t forget to tag me if you make this @zheelicious #zheelicious 🙂
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 6 cups sabudana, soaked (for 3-4 hours)
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp thai chilis, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a pan heat oil then add cumin seeds, cloves, and potatoes.
- Add a splash of water, salt, turmeric powder (if using).
Cook for 5 minutes, then add the thai chilis. Cook for another 3-4 minutes (until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add crushed peanuts and soaked sabudana.
Saute until everythiMix well, add red chili powder and more salt if needed.ng is mixed.
- Once it’s all mixed turn of the heat and garnish with cilantro.
You don’t want to cook the sabudana too much or it will become sticky and mushy
- Serve hot!
- Sabudana freeze really well, I recommend soaking extra and freezing the rest. So you always have it on hand when if you need to make it in emergency.
- You can add sugar and lemon juice to this as well.
- I roast my peanuts in the microwave before crushing it. you can add whole peanuts as well.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.