Are you vegetarian and have never tried a hot dog? Me either! Whenever I went to a BBQ I would always feel left out. I decided to make paneer dogs!! Completely vegetarian and easy to make. I’m sure these are way more flavorful than the real thing anyways LOL. The best thing about this is that you can prep everything the day or two before and it makes for easy cleanup as well. Make these this grilling season, even the meat lovers will want in on it.
If you do try it make sure to tag me @Zheelicious. I would love to see your creation. Have a happy and safe long weekend. I hope you guys enjoy this!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 10 minutes||Makes: 14 dogs|
- 16 hot dog buns, I used white buns from wholefoods.
- 14oz Paneer, cubed in small pieces
- 2 colored bell peppers, cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic & chili paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala ( I use Swad brand from Patel Brothers)
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala + more for sprinkling later.
- ¼ cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 4-5 curry leaves (optional)
- shredded mexican cheese
- Laccha Onions: 1 onion cubed, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp red chili powder, chopped cilantro, salt, and lime. Mix well and keep aside.
- lemon/ lime wedges
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup green chutney
- Hot & sweet Maggi sauce (optional)
- In a bowl add paneer, peppers, onions, ginger garlic & chili paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, tandoori masala, cumin coriander powder, salt, cilantro, and yogurt.
Mix everything really well until its well coated. Let this mixture marinate for a couple of hours. You can even do this overnight.
- In a pan heat the oil, then add cumin seeds, asafetida, curry leaves. Then add the paneer mixture and cook until it has a nice char on it. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together mayo & green chutney set aside until ready to use. In another bowl mix together all the ingredients for laccha onions and set aside, until ready to use.
- Grills the hotdog buns, spread the chutney/mayo mixture on both sides, add paneer, top with cheese, laccha onions, chaat masala, more chutney mayo, and hot and sweet maggi sauce.
- You can make the paneer mixture the night before.
- I used red onions for everything.
- You can add more veggies if you like.
- I used white hot dog buns from whole foods 365 brand.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.