I shared Schezwan Paneer Momos a couple of weeks ago and said I’m sharing another momo’s recipe to use for the leftover dough. Here it is Tandoori Veggie Momos!!! The veggies I used in it are cabbage, onion, carrots, and red pepper. They are sauted to perfection, I like them to be have a bite and crunch on it. I absolutely love momos and these are just so damn good, you can all of the them in one sitting. Also the chutney is soooooo good, its garlicky and so creamy. You can use use this chutney on dosa, it so good. You can even put it in a grilled cheese. I hope you like this, if you make it don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious So I can see your recreations and share! 🙂
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes||Makes: 15 momos|
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2-3 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced (any color pepper will work)
- 3 thai chilies, crushed
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Dough recipe
- 1 tomato , roughly chopped
- 1 onion , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 10 cloves garlic
- 12 dried red chilies
- 1 inch ginger, shredded
- half lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- In a bowl add flour, oil, salt, and mix. Add water as needed and knead the dough into a ball. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- For chutney: In a pan heat oil on medium high heat, add onion, tomatoes, garlic cloves, ginger, sesame seed, dried red chilies, salt. cook until onions are translucent. Add the mixture to a grinder and grind until its a smooth paste. Add water if and as needed.
- In another pan heat some oil add ginger, garlic, & thai chilies. let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, and red bell pepper, cook for about 2 minutes (you want this to have a crunch and not be mushy). Add all the spices and mix well. Cook for another minute or two. Top it with cilantro.
- Take about 1 tsp of the momo dough, dust the surface with all purpose flour to prevent sticking. Roll it out into a thin circle about 3 inch diameter using flour if and as needed.
- Put about 1 tbsp of the tandoori veggie filling in and lift up from one side and start pleating the momo. ( you can do any shape that is comfortable and attainable for you). Repeat this until the tandoori veggies filling is done.
- Put the momos on an oiled plate to prevent them from sticking.
- To steam the momo’s take a deep pan, boil some water. Add the momos on a steaming plate. Cook for 10-15 minutes (you will know it is done when you the momos are glossy).
- Serve hot with the momo chutney and ENJOY!
- You can totally use a wonton wrapper or dumpling wrapper instead of making the dough at home.
- You can pan sear the momo’s instead of steaming them.
- You can add any other veggies you like in here as well.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
One thought on “Tandoori Veggie Momo’s”