Need an easy & healthy snack that’s flavorful & satrifying?! Try these Spicy Edamame. They come together in under 5 minutes and only SIX ingredients. WARNING It’s SO addicting, you will keep wanting more. Edamame is filled with protein so I’m okay with having a lot without feeling guilty. Serve this as an appetizer with Hakka Noodles, Curry Ramen Noodles, Schezwan Garlic Noodles, Wonton Soup.
We buy a huge bag of frozen edamame from costco, the kids love it as well. We don’t add spice to it for the kids only salt, garlic powder, and lemon juice. I also buy shelled edamame from the freezer section at Trader Joe’s I use it in a lot of the kids meals. It’s a great way to add protein to their meals. I hope you guys enjoy this simple & guilt free snack as much as we do in our family. If you try it don’t forget to tag me @Zheelicious, I can’t wait to see your wonderful creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 1 minute||Cook time: 4 minutes||Total time: 5 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 bag (16 oz.) of frozen edamame , thawed
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Bring water to boil, add the edamame in it. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes.
Take it out in a bowl.
- Add red chili powder, red crushed pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well, top it with lemon juice.
- I buy a bag of frozen edamame from costco, it’s one large bag but has single bags inside.
- You can also find it at Trader Joe’s or in your groceries frozen section as well.
- If serving to kids omit the red chili powder & red crushed pepper.
- this is really good with Tajin, chili lime seasoning, and everything but the bagel seasoning as well.
- Regular salt will work just fine, but I prefer sea salt in this!
- I use Malden brand Sea salt.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.