Blueberry Lemon Pancakes, these pancakes have become a staple at our house every weekend/ every time my husband has of LOL. Seriously the pancakes are SO darn good, always a hit with everyone!! Waking up on a saturday morning and making these pancakes for the family has become our little tradition that we all look forward to every weekend. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make the batter the night before so it’s super quick to get breakfast on the table the next morning.
I love using meyer lemons in the recipe, it gives it the most amazing citrus flavor. The blueberry lemon pancakes have the perfect mild sweetness, the cardamom comes through and the zest of the lemon that takes it to the next level. You can use frozen blueberries in this as well. Cardamom, blueberry, and lemon combo is my favorite!!! if you like this combo try Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Cardamom Glaze, Cardamom French Toast, Fennel Strawberry Shortcake.
I hope you guys like this recipe as much as our family does!! Don’t forget to tag me when you make it @Zheelicious, I can’t wait to see your wonderful creations. Happy weekend everyone!!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 6-8 pancakes|
- 1 cup of kodiak pancake mix (or regular pancake mix)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla tsp
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- Handful of blueberries
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup of choice (optional)
Time needed: 15 minutes
- In a bowl add pancake mix, vanilla tsp, zest of 1 lemon, cardamom powder, lemon juice and whisk in the milk.
For the best results let the batter rest in the fridge for 10 minutes (even overnight) before cooking.
- Heat your pan/ griddles. Add a dab of butter then pour in the batter. Add blueberries. flip until its golden brown on both sides.
- Top it with powdered sugar, drizzle maple syrup, and ENJOY!!!
- I love meyer lemons in this recipe, if you can find it I highly recommend it.
- You can add any berries you like.
- You can use any premade pancake mix, I like kodiak because of the protein factor.
- Add an egg or a pinch of baking soda if you want fluffiest pancakes.
- Make this into a waffle if you wish.
- frozen blueberries would work well in this as well.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.