Orange Shrikhand, its creamy, fluffy, lightly sweet with hints of saffron and cardamom. You get the bits of orange pieces along with the zest, you will want to keep eating it!! Orange Shrikhand pairs so perfectly with a hot puris. I freeze my leftovers and serve it whenever, stays good in an airtight container for about 4 months. Orange Shrikhand is handy to have when you have unexpected guests coming! This recipe is super easy to make & will impress your parents/ partner/ in-laws, anyone you want to impress!! Serve this on your next Gujarati Thali. Sharing a quick video on instagram on how to make this if you need a visual.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!! Tag me @Zheelicious I can’t wait to see your creation!!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 24 hours minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 1 day||Makes: 20 servings|
- 64 oz. full fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of saffron
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 orange, juiced
- 2 oranges, chopped into bite size pieces
- In a large bowl place a strainer/ colander over it, lay a muslin or cheesecloth on it.
- Add yogurt and sour cream to the cheesecloth. Bring together the cheesecloth and tie it together so all the whey can seep out. Leave like that overnight.
- Squeeze out the access liquid and add the hung yogurt to your stand mixer.
- Mix everything well, then add sugar and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy, this will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in orange juice, mix for about 1 minutes. Then add in cardamom powder, saffron, and orange zest. Mix for another 2-3 minutes on medium speed. It should be creamy and fluffy.
- Fold in chopped oranges, chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours and enjoy!!
- If you don’t want to wait overnight, you can can put a really heavy pan onor books on top of the cheesecloth to get the liquid out.
- You can use the base of this recipe and add any flavor you want.
- You can freeze the leftovers for up to 4 months. (defrost in the fridge the day before using.)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.