Here is another fave Taco Bell recipe, Mexican Pizza. My taco bell order consists of 3 things: Mexican pizza, cheesy bean and rice burrito grilled, and fiesta potatoes. We have been making Mexican pizza at home for sooooo long, I’m sure so many of you have been as well. Sharing my recipe today, you won’t miss taco bell I promise you that. While we are all quarantined, have yourself a Taco Bell night. I have four copy-cat recipes up on the blog! There is something for everyone :). Please tag me @zheelicious when you make this, I would love to see your recreation.
Stay happy, stay hungry, stay safe!
- I used Aztec brand tortilla, it’s hard to find on the east coast, but check out Walmart, Sometimes they have it in the cheese section.
- You can use Chi-Chi’s tortilla if you can’t find Aztec.
- The Taco Bell sauce bottle is sold at Walmart and some Indian grocery stores
- If you can’t find Taco Bell sauce, Trader joe’s has a good taco sauce.
- Use any sauce you like, Mild, Hot or Fire. I like Fire.
- 10 tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Fire Taco bell sauce
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2-3 chilies, chopped Or 1 jalapeño
- Poke all the tortillas with a fork, so they don’t puff when frying. shallow fry the tortillas until golden brown.
- Air Fry options: Air-fry the tortillas at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until they are crispy. Air fry one tortilla at a time make sure to put the tortilla underneath the grill so it doesn’t jump around.
- In a pot heat some oil, add the refried beans, water, garlic powder, red chili powder, and taco seasoning. Mix everything well then set it aside.
- On a fried tortilla spread the refried beans, top it with some cheese. Put another fried tortilla spread on the taco bell sauce and top it with more cheese.
- Put the pizza in the oven and toast for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top it with onions, tomatoes, spring onions, and chilies. Do this until all the pizzas are made.
- Cut and enjoy!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.