I know you guys have heard about taco bell taking items off their menu. It’s caused some chaos in our community lolll, because taco bell is life obvs. I just want you to know that I have got you COVERED!!!! Taco Bell Spicy Tostada is one of the items being taken off, well lucky for you I created Taco Bell Spicy Tostada recipe last week. I was actually really surprised as to how close this was to TB. I would even go as far as saying it was maybe slightly better, there I said it!! Honestly though I do like making fast food copycats at home because I can really control the ingredients and control what goes in them. I loaded my Taco Bell Spicy Tostada up with all the veggies that taco bell doesn’t give, you can customize it to your liking.
I have MANY more taco bell recipes coming your way, so hang on tight. Share my page and recipes with your Taco Bell loving friends, they & I will appreciate it lol. Also don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious when you make Taco Bell Spicy Tostada.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 10 tostadas
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Taco bell sauce (fire, hot or mild your choice)
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Lettuce, chopped
- Green onion, chopped (optional)
- Spicy chipotle sauce
Spicy Chipotle Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp chipotle adobo sauce
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- Squeeze of lime
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for spicy chipotle sauce and mix well. Set it aside until ready to use.
- In a pot heat some oil, add the refried beans, water, garlic powder, red chili powder, and taco seasoning. Mix everything well then set it aside.
- On a tostada spread beans, then spread taco bell sauce on top, and sprinkle cheese. You can toast this until the cheese melts (completely optional)
- Top it with onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, lettuce, green onions, and drizzle with spicy chipotle sauce.
- Enjoy with your fave taco bell sauce!
- I use Guerrero brand tostada, I get mine from Stop & shop or walmart.
- Fire sauce bottled can be found at walmart or sometimes Indian grocery stores.
- I use Old El Paso brand refried beans, you can get vegetarian or low-fat and it will be lard free.
- You can sub greek yogurt for sour cream in the spicy chipotle sauce to make it a bit healthier.
- I use La conseta or Goya brand chipotle adobo sauce.
If you can’t find the chipotle adobo sauce, buy chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and blend them to get the sauce.
- Put the spicy chipotle sauce in a squeeze bottle so it comes out clean and easy to store.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.