Do you have tons of veggies that you harvested in your garden? Like tomatoes, zucchini, herbs.. Etc?! Well I have got the perfect dish for you! End of Summer Pasta; it’s basically a dish to use up all your harvests and enjoy summer in a bowl. I had tons of tomatoes, 2 5lbs zucchinis, and corn so obvs had to put it to good use! I’m a sucker for simple but flavor packed pasta dishes like this one. This dish is garlicky, lemony, and herby… all in all it is one delicious bowl of pasta!
End of summer pasta comes together in under 15 minutes, it is perfect for lunch or dinner. The dish is loaded with SOO many veggies you actually feel good about eating pasta! Also it just tastes fresh and refreshing. Summer is not completely gone, the temps are still high. This is a perfect dish to make on a hot summer’s day because it’s not labor intensive and tastes light and fresh. This pasta is a take on my Broccoli Garlic Pasta.
Don’t let summer slip away without enjoying this end of summer pasta. It will be the most perfect goodbye to summer as we transition into cooler temps. If you make this dish please tag me @zheelicious. I would love to see your creation and share on my page.
If you like this recipe you will also like Broccoli Garlic Pasta, moms-veggie-pasta, Creamy Spinach & Tomato Pasta, Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata Pappardelle, Basil Cilantro Pesto Masala Crostini, Grilled Vegetable Chimichurri Pasta Salad, Red Lentil Green Goddess Pasta.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 10 oz. Spaghetti (¾ box)
- 2 -3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced (onions work too)
- 12-15 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 corn, kernels removed from cob
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red crushed pepper
- 1 lemon, zest
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- ½ cup pasta water (or more as needed)
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
Time needed: 15 minutes.
End of Summer Pasta; it’s basically a dish to use up all your harvests and enjoy summer in a bowl, tastes fresh and refreshing!
- Boil the pasta in heavily salted water until al dente.
Follow the packaged directions.
- In a pan add olive oil, then add the shallots, add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add in the crushed red pepper.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the corn & zucchini, cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes.
cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta, salt, black pepper, and mix well.
- Add pasta water if and as needed. Then add the lemon zest, and parmesan cheese.
Mix really well and turn off the stove.
- Squeeze half a lemon on top and add more parm cheese if desired.
- Top it with fresh parsley and serve hot!
- You can add any additional veggies & herbs to this that you have on hand. Here is a list that would work well: peppers, mushrooms, basil, cilantro, summer squash, broccoli.
- Use any shaped pasta.
- Make sure to save pasta water, the water your pasta was cooking. It will help emulsify the sauce/ become the sauce.
- If you want to make it even easier, cook the veggies on a sheet pan and add the pasta for no fuss and less dishes.
- You can toasted breadcrumbs for texture.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.