Dahi Broccoli, it basically a simple broccoli khadi. A shaak that came about by accident. My mom was leaving to go to india for a couple of weeks. She had tons of broccoli to use, so she made this shaak with it. She brought it over to my house, and it was an instant hit!! my in-laws loved it so much that we have made it a few times in the house now. Dahi Broccoli is so so simple and comforting. It’s one of those dishes that makes you feel warm and cozy & at home.
I serve the Dahi broccoli with bhakri/ chopra/ paratha, but it’s great with roti! You can even eat it with rice. It’s definitely one of those dishes that you will make over and over again. So I hope you all like this quick and simple meal. If you do try it out, don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious! I can’t wait to see your creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 7-8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin coriander powder (dhana jeeru)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add yogurt, jaggery, and chickpea flour. Mix well, set it aside until ready to use.
- In a pan add oil, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Once they splutter add in asafoetida.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant, then add jalapeno, and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Add broccoli florets and salt , cover the pan and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder, and then add yogurt mixture. Mix everything well. Then add water as needed (depending on how thick your want it)
Cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Enjoy with hot roti/ bhakri/ paratha!
- You can add pepper to this dish if you wish.
- Top it with more cilantro.
- Add more water to make it looser.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.