Cereal Chevdo, a recipe that instantly transports me to my childhood. A mixture of all the leftover cereal turned into a sweet, salt, spicy, and delicious snack/ breakfast growing up. My mom still makes this for me and brings it whenever she visits! If you have never had cereal chevdo, you are in for a treat!!! also its lowkey addicting, you just won’t be able to stop eating it!
I use lots of sweet cereals in here, I love the combo of sweet, salty, and spicy together. I can’t explain what is does to my taste buds, but I do a happy dance after each bite. If you also grew up eating this, the cereal chevdo recipe will take you down memory lane. Super easy & quick to make. Store it in an airtight container and it will stay fresh for weeks, although don’t think it will be devoured so quickly!! If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious.
If you like this recipe try Spinach Patra, Spinach Dhokla, Khandvi, Methi Thepla, Lasanyu Marchu.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 5 minutes||Total time: 10 minutes||Makes: 9 Cups|
- 1 cup cinnamon toast crunch
- 2 cups rise krispies
- 1 cup cheerios (you can use honey nut or plain)
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 cups chex mix
- 1 cup honey bunches of oats
- 1 cup corn pops
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix all the cereal together.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add oil, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, once it starts to splutter add asafoetida.
- Add the spices to it, then add all the nuts. cook the nut until they are fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add raisins, then add the cereal mixture.
Mix everything well. (you have to move really fast to coat everything in the spices). Turn off the heat.
- Enjoy with your hot cup of coffee or chai!
- You can use more or less of any cereal that you like or don’t like.
- Omit the nuts to make it nut free.
- You can add honey nut cheerios or regular, frosted flakes or corn flakes.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.