You have shown so much love to the Fiesta potatoes in the past, that today I’m sharing one of mine & Ahaan’s favorite: Taco’s Bell’s Nacho fries!!!! We were so sad when taco bell took this off the menu, so I obviously started to make it at home and we love it so much. Nacho fries and fiesta potatoes have become such a staple in our house anytime we have out Taco Bell nights. It is such an easy snack, especially if you are making it with frozen fries.
Make sure to check out the notes section for baking option if you don’t have an air fryer. I’m linking my favorite air fryer if you are in search for one. I absolutely love love love my air fryer, it is my most used kitchen appliance after my stove. I highly recommend investing in one. I have stopped using my oven and frying most things!
Also if you love Taco Bell as much as we do check out some of my other at home Taco Bell recipes, which may even be better than taco bell!! (There I said it LOL): Mexican Pizza, Taco Bell Spicy Tostada, Taco Bell Quesadilla, Gordita Crunch, Baja Chalupas, Fiesta Breakfast Burrito.
I hope you all love this quick pasta dish as much as we do! If you try it don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I would love to see your creations.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 2 russet potatoes or frozen fries
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cheddar cheese powder or nutritional yeast
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- Queso (Tostitos)
- Taco bell sauce
- Cut your russet potatoes into small stripes. Wash the slices and pat it dry with a towel.
(Don’t skip this step, it will help with crisping up your fries) (only skip this step if using frozen fries).
- Add the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add all the seasonings and toss it really well until all the fries are coated in the seasoning.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Top it off with some scallions. Dip it in the queso and enjoy!
- To bake them in the oven: Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes tossing in between and keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- I use Tostitos brand queso but you can use any brand or even make it at home.
- Melt some Velveeta cheese; add milk, and 2 tsp taco seasoning to make the queso at home.
- My favorite taco seasonings are from Trader joe’s, McCormicks, and Old el Paso.
- Favorite frozen fries are checkers brand, and Nathans. Can be found at any grocery store.
- Use cheddar cheese powder & nutritional yeast can be found at any local grocery store.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.