We went to a local Indian restaurant called Aarzu in Freehold, NJ for our anniversary, and they had this spicy guava drink that was AMAZING. Also the restaurant itself was AMAZING, if you follow me on IG you have seen my story about the restaurant. It probably THE best Indian food I have had in the states, bold statement I know, but trust me it was THAT good.
After having this drink there I knew I had to recreate it at home, well here it is! With my own twist of course, also its SPICY! So adjust the spice if you don’t eat or drink that spicy. Trust me it will be a HIT! It is virgin but make it alcoholic by adding your favorite tequila or vodka!! YUMMM!
Stay happy, stay hungry! Well…thirsty in this case😜
- 1 liter bottle of guava juice Ii used Maaza brand from Patel Brothers)
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp black salt (sanchar)
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- ½ lime squeezed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Splash of tonic or seltzer (optional)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp rock/sea salt
- Wedge of lime
- For the rim: In a plate mix together the red chili powder and salt. With a lime wedge go around the rim of the glass, dip the glass rim in to the spice mixture until it’s nicely coated.
- In a pitcher mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour spicy guava into the glasses add ice, top with tonic water or seltzer.
- Serve cold!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.