I had a whole menu planned and recipes to put out on the blog… but that just didn’t happen. sometimes it be like that. Fun fact this recipe was actually supposed to be for my thanksgiving series LOL! It has been so crazy the last two-three weeks, my mil’s in India so I have no help or time to get anything done with two littles. Okay enough of my rant.. Let’s talk about this recipe, it’s so quick and easy and guaranteed a crowd pleaser. I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Its crunchy, tangy, and spicy…I mean, what’s not to love.
You can probably find readymade fried noodles at the Indian grocery store, but I didn’t so I made my own. You can do this step about a week in advance and store in an airtight container. I used Ching’s noodles, chili sauce, and soy sauce. I make my own schezwan sauce, but if you don’t have time, you can definitely use chings schezwan sauce as well. Homemade schezwan sauce is really versatile and can be used in other dishes like my schezwan vegetable frankie, manchurian frankie, schezwan garlic noodles, or Cheesy Schezwan pull apart bread.
Hope you guys enjoy this quick app for the holidays! Don’t forget to tag me or message me @zheelicious
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- 1 pack noodles, fried
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ½ cup cabbage sliced
- 1 carrot, cut in match stick
- 4-5 green onions, chopped lengthwise + more for garnish
- 1 tsp sesame oil (you can use any oil if you don’t have sesame)
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maggi sweet & spicy sauce or ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, shredded
- 1 inch ginger, shredded
- Salt to taste
- To fry the noodles: boil the noodles according to package directions, in a baking sheet spread the noodles, let them dry completely. once the noodles are dry, shallow fry the noodles until crispy. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together schezwan sauce, sriracha, soy sauce, maggi sauce, chili sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Set-aside until ready to use.
- In a wok heat sesame oil once the oil is steaming, add all the veggies and cook until they are fragrant for about 2 minutes. You want the veggies to be crunchy so don’t overcook them.
- Add the sauce and mix well. Turn off the stove, add the fried noodles and toss.
- Garnish with more green onions, and serve hot!!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.