Fasting or not, these sabudana (tapioca sago) vadas (fritters) are a hit!! They are even more delicious when you aren’t fasting; I love eating them with green chutney or even the hot and sweet maggi sauce. It’s a great snack on a rainy day with a cup of hot chai while listening to bollywood jams or watching DDLJ (my FAVE movie to watch on a rainy day or a sunny day lol) . I’m so filmy I can’t help myself don’t judge lol. Okay I’m done ranting but hope you make these and enjoy them as much as I do.
Stay happy, Stay hungry!
Prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 20 vadas
- 1 cup frying oil.
- 4 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3 cups soaked sabudana (tapioca)
- 1 tsp green chili, crushed
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro, copped (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp peanuts (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan heat the oil.
- In a large bowl smash potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix until everything is incorporated. Make tiki shaped vada’s.
- Fry the vadas until desired crispiness.
- Serve hot with green chutney and yogurt!
- you can find sabudana at any indian store.
- you can also freeze the vada’s, defrost and fry when you need them.
- I take them out on a paper towel and let the access oil out then serve them.