This pasta looks and tastes like summer to me. It’s so simple yet elegant. The creamy burrata on top of the warm pasta makes the most luscious sauce. I can’t get enough of this!!
I envision myself sitting on the Amalfi coast slurping up pasta like this. Since I can’t go to the Amalfi coast any time soon, I thought why not bring it to me. A little backstory… we were supposed to go to Italy for our 5 year anniversary last year but I got pregnant with Riaan so we couldn’t go. We planned on going this year for our 6 years, but covid ruined all of our lives. So here I am wishing I was eating this on the Amalfi coast while being kissed by the italian sun. We will hopefully be able to go very soon!!
Yesterday I posted garlicky roasted cherry tomatoes, today I’m sharing how to put them to good use. I hope you all enjoy this really easy summer dinner meal. Tag me @zheelicious and let me know how you liked it!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 1 pack pappardelle
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 thai chilies, chipped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Burrata cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Garlicky roasted cherry tomatoes
- Cook the pappardelle according to the packaged direction. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. (the water your pasta was cooking in).
- In a pan heat olive oil, add in garlic, thai chilies, and red crushed pepper. Cook until the garlic is slightly golden brown.
- Add the roasted cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Add in your cooked pappardelle, add pasta water slowly while mixing the pasta as needed. (don’t dump all the water at once, else it will become really watery).
- Top your pasta with burrata cheese, sprinkle salt & pepper and a little drizzle of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Then add some torn basil leaves.
- Serve hot!
- I got my burrata from Trader Joe’s.
- I also got my pappardelle from Trader Joe’s.
- You can use any pasta you have on hand.
- Make sure to not overcook the pasta.
- The creamy inside of the burrata makes a luscious sauce.
- You can add more veggies to this if you like.
- If you can’t find burrata use fresh mozzarella cheese.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.