This dish is so very simple, but SUPER flavorful. I’m a huge fan of simple pasta dishes and I have been making this pasta since I was in high school I didn’t make it with red lentil pasta back then, so that’s my twist on the old recipe. The red lentil pasta is much healthier, but doesn’t taste “healthy”…it tastes amazing! This dish is filled with green veggies, lots of protein, and is great for meal prepping.
This dish is very versatile; you can substitute in any vegetables or pastas that you or your family prefers. This pasta is garlicky, cheesy, and has a little kick to it. This is my go-to meal for a quick lunch. This dish reminds me of the good old days when I would come home from school make some pasta and of course put on the Tyra Banks Show. Tell me you guys used to watch that show!! (Please don’t make me feel so old). Wow brought back so many memories of the “carefree” days. Okay I’m going to go reminisce and watch an episode of the Tyra Banks Show while eating a bowl of this delish pasta. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have been.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 box of red lentil pasta, cooked (al dente)
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- ½ tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp red-crushed pepper
- 1/3 cup of parmesan, shredded
- ½ tbsp of cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the box’s direction. When there is 2-3 minutes left of cooking add the broccoli with the pasta and let it cook for the remaining time. Make sure to rinse the pasta once cooked as it has the tendency to taste gummy. I prefer to cook it al dente.
- In a pan, heat the EVOO, add garlic let it cook for about 30 seconds then add the chopped zucchini and let it soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the zucchini has softened, add the red-crushed pepper, pasta, broccoli, and peas. Add the black pepper and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly and add a dash of water to marry everything together.
- Turn off the heat, then add the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Top it with basil and more parmesan (optional).
- I got my red lentil pasta from Whole Foods. You can use any lentil or pasta you like.
- Adjust the red-crushed pepper according to your heat level.
- You can add any veggies to this as well.
- You can make this dish vegan, by omitting the cheese!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.