Who loves them some kati rolls!? I DO!! The best feeling after a fun night is with some delicious Indian fast food, but have you ever tried to make them at home for lunch or dinner? You can customize ingredients, have them for on the go, and then continue to have some for next day’s lunch!
I would recommend marinating the paneer for at least a couple of hours before, over night is better IF you have the time. I do use frozen paratha’s because I like having this prepared FAST! Hope you all enjoy it. Don’t forget to share with me @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 6-8 servings|
- 6 Kawan Parathas
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 400 grams paneer, cubed
- ½ cup green chutney (Homemade or store bought)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, shredded
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin/coriander powder (dhana jeeru)
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala (optional)
- Chaat masala (for garnish)
- Lemon (for garnish)
- 4-5 cilantro sprigs, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 green onion sprigs, chopped (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger paste, green chili paste, curry paste, red chili powder, cumin/coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and tandoori masala. Mix well, then add the cubed paneer, let it marinate for a couple of hours.
- In a nonstick pan cook the paneer for about 10 minutes (note: it is going to release a lot of liquid but don’t get worried it will dissipate), cook until all the liquid gets thick. Turn off the heat and set-aside until ready to use.
- In another pan cook the parathas.
- Assemble: on the cooked paratha spread the green chutney, then add a few pieces of paneer, top with sliced onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and green onions. Sprinkle it will chaat masala and squeeze a little lemon juice. Roll it and serve hot!
- I used the Swad brand paneer because it’s the softest and freshest paneer from Patel Brothers, but you can use any! I also like the Nanak paneer.
- I used Deep Foods brand curry paste and Swad brand tandoori masala. You can use any brand you like or have on hand.
- You can substitute the tofu for the paneer to make it vegan.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.