Tandoori Masala stuffed mushrooms; it is a perfect appetizer for your next party! The mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of spices, onions, garlic, ginger, jalapeños, mushroom stems and breadcrumbs. The mushroom caps are brushed with tandoori masala and olive oil, then baked until golden brown and delicious. I used white stuffer mushrooms, but you can use any kind you like (baby bella mushrooms would work really well).
I hate being stuck in the kitchen the day of the party, so I try to come up with recipes that can be made a day or two ahead of time, and this is definitely one of them. You can prep them a day ahead and bake them right before your guests arrive. They make for a great finger food appetizer and are super easy to serve – which is a huge plus for me! Hope you all will enjoy this dish as much as I did.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 25 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes||Makes: 12 mushrooms|
- 12 mushrooms, cleaned with a damp paper towel
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 ½ tbsp tandoori masala
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Chop the stems really fine.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp tandoori masala, and salt.
With a pastry brush, brush the mushrooms with the tandoori-oil mixture. Set-aside until ready to use.
- Heat a pan and drizzle a little bit of olive oil.
Add the chopped onion into the pan; cook until onions are tender (about 2 minutes). Add grated garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant or around one minute.
- Then add the chopped jalapeños, followed by the chopped mushroom stems, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, ½ tsp of tandoori masala, and salt. Cook for about a minute or until all the spices are fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and let the stuffing cool down a bit.
Once it is cooled down, add the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Stuff all the mushrooms with the stuffing and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the liquid starts to form under the caps.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.