Loaded Veggie Hummus Toast, simple and easy breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even a light dinner. It would even make for a good and easy snack. I used to eat the loaded veggie hummus toast throughout my pregnancy the second time around. The loaded veggie hummus toast was easy on my stomach while still being nutritious. The loaded veggie hummus toast was a real life saver for me especially during the first few months of pregnancy.
You add a fried egg on top to make it healthier and more nutritious. If hummus is not your thing you can totally use the roasted veggies on avocado toast. Hummus is known to be a mood booster, eat this first thing in the morning I promise you will have a great day!! I hope you all like it as much. Don’t forget to tag me when you make this @zheelicious.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- Hummus of choice (I used Sabra Garlic hummus)
- 2 slices of bread (I used sourdough)
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 3-4 bella mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of spinach, chipped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of red crushed powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sprinkle of everything but bagel seasoning (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat a pan.
Add olive oil, add all the veggies leaving out spinach and saute until the veggies are soft. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add salt, pepper, red crushed powder, and garlic powder.
Mix well then add spinach.
- Toast your bread slices.
Spread hummus on top, add the sauteed veggies, sprinkle with everything but bagel seasoning.
- Top it with cilantro. Serve hot!
- I used Sabra brand garlic hummus.I also really like their roasted red pepper, jalapeno & cilantro as well.
- You can make your own hummus as well.
- Top it with a fried or boiled egg for a more nutritious meal.
- You can add or omit any veggies you like.
- You can use any bread you like in it as well.
- You can also make this on a rice cracker instead of bread.
- Top it with some feta or goat cheese for extra yumminess.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.