Baja chalupa!!! Another famous Taco Bell recipe I tried to create at home. I’m so happy to see you guys loving and making these Taco bell recipes. I tried my best to recreate this one as well, so I hope you guys will like it. I took a shortcut and fried/ toasted ready made Kontos greek style flatbreads and turned them into shells. They turned out pretty good if I say so myself. You can also buy the chalupa shells from Taco bell itself. I tried making my own at home but I wasn’t a fan. These turned out so much better in my opinion, and it’s less work!!! So that’s a win win. Don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious if you make this!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- You can find these Kontos greek flatbreads at Walmart or Stop and Shop. Attaching a picture of the package for reference.
- You can also buy ready made baja sauce that’s sold by taco bell in a bottle at Walmart.
- I used my conventional oven to toast my chalupas. I toasted it on the “toast” setting.
- To make Chalupa Supreme just add sour cream.
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 6 chalupas|
- 6 Kontos Greek flatbreads
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasonings
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- Baja Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- ½ jalapeno, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Mexican blend cheese
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the beans and mix really well. Microwave it for about 2 minutes. Set-aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for baja sauce and mix really well. Set-aside until ready to use.
- For the chalupa shell you can shallow fry the flat breads on low heat about 1 minute per side. Then fold in half and place it on something like a potato masher to hold its shape. OR you can toast it for about 2-3 minutes and fold in half to hold its shape. Both methods work well!
- Assemble: Spread some beans, top it with the baja sauce, sour cream, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and jalapeño.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.