This dish is so effortless you guys will be amazed at how quickly it comes together. This one is dedicated to all of my “no-cook” cooks out there! It’s more of assembling a sandwich together than anything else, hence the first word in the recipe’s name!
I didn’t make my pesto at home; but you totally can or use any leftover pesto you may have in your fridge. It is very kid-friendly; just omit the jalapeno/onion mixture to tone down the spice. Hope you guys enjoy this weeknight wonder.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- ½ cup store bought or homemade pesto
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a pan heat the olive oil. Add the sliced onions, jalapenos, salt, black pepper, and sauté until softened (about 2-3 minutes). Set it aside until ready to use.
- Spread the pesto on both sides of the ciabatta roll, lay the tomatoes on the bottom side, top them with the jalapeno and onion mixture, then add the mozzarella cheese on top, crack some black pepper and salt on top (optional). Then place the basil on top of the cheese and close the sandwich. Repeat until all of the paninis are prepped.
- Grill the Panini on a Panini press until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy (this should take around 3-4 minutes).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a Panini maker, you can use a griddle pan or even a regular pan; just make to press the sandwich with another pan to create the same effect as a Panini press.
- I use Kirkland brand pesto from Costco.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.