Chili cheese toast holds a special place in my heart, while growing up in India this was my go to snack. Anytime I go back I’m sure to make a trip to Freezeland in Ahemdabad to get their chili cheese toast. It’s cheesy, ooey gooey good! Since we are quarantined and always need a snacky snack, I thought I would give you another easy & quick snack. I hope you all are hanging in there and staying sane. We shall get through this soon, praying for better days in the future. Until then enjoy snacks, family time, zoom!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- You can use cheddar cheese if you don’t have or can find Amul cheese.
- You can use vegan mayo or omit it completely if you want.
- Replace Thai chilies for jalapeño or serrano pepper, if you don’t have it.
- Squeeze a little bit of lime juice if you don’t have chaat masala.
|Prep time: 5 min||Cook time: 5 min||Total time: 10 min||Makes: 10 slices of toast|
- 6 slices bread of choice
- 1 cup Amul cheese, shredded
- 4-5 Thai chilies, finely chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers, finely diced (different colors if you have)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Chaat masala to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bread evenly.
- Toast in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted (3-4 minutes) or broil for 3 minutes on high.
- Slice in half, top with more chaat masala.
- Serve hot!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.