Cheese Chutney Bombs, it is an explosion of flavor in your mouth!!! Cheese chutney bombs are made from potatoes, stuffed with coconut, cilantro chutney & of course cheese. They are coated in breadcrumbs and are fried until the chutney bombs are golden brown and the cheese is melted inside. It’s a serious party in every bite you take. The cheese chutney bombs will make for a perfect appetizer for your Diwali party.
Cheese chutney bombs is something my mil made 2 years ago for thanksgiving, it was a SUPER hit at our house. I of course needed to post it for you guys because the chutney bombs are so addicting and you can’t just stop at 1. They are easy to prep, you can even prep them ahead of time and fry right before serving. Serve cheese chutney bombs on a platter, with a toothpick and make it a fun finger food. I promise you you will want to keep eating these, and your guests will be stunned at how amazing they are. Try my Beetroot & Goat Cheese Tikki to go with these! Now you know that I love anything stuffed with cheese inside and I mean who doesn’t?!?
I hope you will give it a try! Don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I can’t wait to see your wonderful creations!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- ½ cup phoa, soaked for 5 minutes
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red crushed pepper
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp mint powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup Pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Salt to taste (be mindful all the chutney, cheese, and chaat masala will have salt in it)
- cornstarch slurry (3 tbsp cornstarch + 5 tbsp water, add more or less water if needed.)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- oil to deep fry
- ½ cup coconut powder or flakes
- 2 cups cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 5 thai chilies (lavingya marcha)
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon juiced
- Water, IF & as needed
- In a bowl mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add all the spices, and soaked poha into the mashed potatoes.
Mix well and set aside until ready to use.
- In a blender add all the ingredients for the chutney.
Blend until all the ingredients are incorporated. It should be semi coarse and not too liquidy. set aside until ready to use.
- Take some potato mixture and from a patty. Spread the chutney on top and add a cube of cheese.
Then form them into a small ball. Repeat until all of the chutney bombs are formed.
- Once the chutney bombs are ready dip them into the cornstarch slurry, then coat them in breadcrumbs.
Repeat until they are all done.
- Deep dry the chutney bombs on medium heat, until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with some green chutney!!
- You can use soak bread instead of poha.
- You can use string cheese or habanero in the middle, I used pepperjack.
- Make sure the chutney isn’t too liquidy or it will make the whole thing soggy.
- I have not tried to air fry these, and not sure how it will be if you did.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.