Anytime I want a salad, this is what comes to mind. Does anyone really crave a salad though? Probably not, lol but i promise you will crave this one once you’ve had it. Reason number 1 being…the goat cheese!! The pepperiness from the arugula and the crunch from the walnuts add a wow factor and make this salad delicious! Also, I pretty much use the same dressing for all the salads I make, I just change out the type of vinegar! Hope you all enjoy this easy and delicious salad as much as I do!
Stay Happy, Stay Hungry!
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 4-5 pre boiled beets, cut in quarters
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 10-15 baby tomatoes, halved
- Goat cheese
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup good extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, shredded
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad.
- Add the dressing right before serving. Then crumble the goat cheese on top and mix well.
- You can blend all the dressing ingredients in a blender, I usually store in a mason jar in my fridge for up to a week.
- If you don’t have agave, you can use honey as well.
- I buy my goat cheese from either Trader joe’s or Costco. I get the pasteurized type.
- Skip the cheese and make it vegan!
- You can add any other veggies and greens that you’d like / have on hand.
- I buy pre-boiled beets from TJ’s or Costco as well.